Our ultra-light, naturally aromatic Balancing Act is formulated to target excess sebum production and decrease pore congestion by balancing your skin's fatty acid profile. Not to mention, every purchase of Balancing Act empowers women thru both ingredients that pay fair wages and thru our investments in micro-loans for women each month.
- Guava Oil
- Sacha Inchi Oil
- and carbon dioxide-extracted Borage Flower Oil
GAMMA-LINOLENIC ACIDGamma-linolenic acid, also known as GLA, is not only ultra-hydrating, it's an effective anti-inflammatory. Research shows that GLA helps to trap moisture in the skin, preventing skin from becoming dry, wrinkled, irritated, or inflamed. It also has the ability to block androgens, or male hormones, that have been thought to contribute to skin disorders. In addition, conditions such as psoriasis and eczema (often caused by dryness and inflammation) can be alleviated by the topical application of GLA. Studies at the University of Italy demonstrated a dramatic reduction of eczema symptoms after twelve weeks. Itching caused by eczema decreased by up to 90%, vesicles (pustules) were reduced by up to 40%, and patients also saw improvement with oozing.
This essential fatty acid (another which cannot be produced by our bodies and therefore, must be supplemented) plays a vital role in our skin barrier's function. Studies have shown that those with acne have abnormally low levels of linoleic acid (omega-6's) in their skin. Oily skin also indicates a linoleic acid deficiency. The benefits of topically applying linoleic acid to oily and acne-prone skin, have been proven by scientific research. One study saw a 25% reduction in microcomedones (clogged pores) after just one month of treatment.
The essential fatty acids found in Balancing Act are able to easily permeate the skin barrier and, therefore, help facilitate the penetration of other active ingredients. Just ½ pump of Balancing Act serum added to your moisturiser, facial masque, daily SPF, etc. can increase the efficacy of the products you already use and love.
We pride ourselves on making products that fit seamlessly into your life and skin care ritual. No. 2 | Balancing Act can be used in a myriad of ways. You may discover new ways to use our concentrated balancing blend, but these are a few of our favorites:
- Finishing Oil | After moisturiser application, apply ½ pump of serum to face, neck and décolleté. Gently press and then massage serum into skin.
- Makeup Primer | Apply ¼ pump of serum to face and neck prior to makeup application.
- Eye Makeup Remover | Dispense a small amount of serum onto finger pads or cotton round. Gently massage into lids and under eyes to dissolve eye makeup. Wipe away with cotton round, or clean facial towel.
- Eczema Relief | Apply serum to affected area(s) daily. Repeat for a minimum of twelve weeks for optimal results.
- Warm Oil Treatment | Perform facial steam. You may use your favorite facial steam blend, plain green or black tea leaves, or pure water. Pat skin dry. Gently warm ½ - 1 pump of serum by massaging the serum between your palms until warm. Using your palms of your hands, press a thin layer of serum into your skin. Use weekly or bi-weekly for optimal results.
- Custom Treatment | Create a custom emulsion by mixing ¼ pump of serum with other Formules Intensifs in the palm of your hand, or use in conjunction with other Formules Intensif, applying each serum to targeted areas.
While the Formules Intensifs are effective by themselves, we've designed each of them to effectively elevate and magnify the benefits of products you already use. Any one of our five treatment serums can act as a booster, adding it's targeted benefits to your facial masques, moisturizers, daily SPF, oil blends, and more.
- Masque Boost | Add up to ½ pump of serum directly to any facial masque. Mix thoroughly and apply as usual.
- Liquid Foundation | Add up to ½ pump of serum to mineral / powder foundation. Mix thoroughly to create an instant liquid foundation. Apply with brush.
- Moisturiser Boost | Add ¼ pump of serum to any moisturiser. Create an emulsion by mixing serum and moisturiser in the palm of your hand. Apply moisturiser as usual.
Have you tried Formule Intensif No. 2 | Balancing Act? Share your Balancing Act ritual with us for a chance to featured in future posts! Tag @wabisabibotanicals and use #WSBBalancingAct.
Shop Formule Intensif No. 2 | Balancing Act here.